To participate in this program, participants must meet the following requirements.
Post-secondary school students who are actively pursuing degree or full-time course of study at an accredited educational institution may participate in the Summer Work and Travel program only during their summer vacation.
Students may not participate in this program during time periods other than their summer vacations, and program extensions are not permitted. Students must return to Bulgaria in time for the start of the university semester – no later than October 1.
Prospective exchange visitors must also possess sufficient proficiency in the English language to participate in their programs.
- All applicants must be 18 – 30 years old.
- All applicants must be registered as full-time students at a university or other state-recognized institution of post-secondary education. “Gap-year” students or high school graduates who are not currently in at least their first year of university studies are not eligible.
- All applicants must have intermediate English knowledge.
- It is an advantage to have a relevant experience, but it is not a requirement.
- All applicants must be ready to start their placement in one-week time after they receive a job offer.
- All applicants must be able to cover daily living expenses for the first few weeks.